PHOENIX — An undercover operation resulted in five arrests and three pounds of methamphetamine being seized by Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputies on Friday.
“This was an undercover operation where delivery by the suspects was made to our undercover detectives,” said Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
The delivery was made to the undercover detectives in a parking lot near 43rd Avenue and McDowell, Arpaio said.
Two of the people arrested were in the country illegally, according to Arpaio, and they will be turned over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Arpaio said MCSO is continuing to investigate the source of the drugs but said he believes they came from Mexico.
“In lieu of laboratories that used to be prevalent here, they’re now making the drug in Mexico and smuggling the drugs into the United States,” said Arpaio.
Along with the drugs, Arpaio said deputies also seized two vehicles.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon