Time-lapses do a wonderful job of showcasing the incredible ways of Mother Nature and that was further shown from the images of this weekend’s East Coast blizzard.
This video out of Purcellville, Va., shows the frightening amount of snow that Jonas brought and the terrors it would bring without the necessary tools and resources to clear it out.
That was so much of the case that the camera gets overcome by the snow and the true finished product of the time-lapse can’t even be shown.
Philomont, Va., is 11 minutes away from Purcellville and received 39 inches of snow. That’s three inches away from the highest amount recorded in Glengary, W.Va.
Virginia had one of the most notable structure damage related incidents of the weekend. The roof of the historic “Home of Virginia’s Lil’ Ole Opry” theater collapsed.
- Snow looks pretty but could make for messy driving in Arizona high country
- A little more rain predicted to spray Phoenix area this week
- Arizona Snowbowl gets early snowfall amid El Nino predictions
- Phoenix Zoo is hosting its ‘Winter in July’ event this weekend
- Rain cools off Phoenix area, higher elevations get snow