Time-lapses do a wonderful job of showcasing the incredible ways of Mother Nature and that was further shown from the images of this weekend’s East Coast blizzard.
This video out of Purcellville, Va., shows the frightening amount of snow that Jonas brought and the terrors it would bring without the necessary tools and resources to clear it out.
That was so much of the case that the camera gets overcome by the snow and the true finished product of the time-lapse can’t even be shown.
Philomont, Va., is 11 minutes away from Purcellville and received 39 inches of snow. That’s three inches away from the highest amount recorded in Glengary, W.Va.
Virginia had one of the most notable structure damage related incidents of the weekend. The roof of the historic “Home of Virginia’s Lil’ Ole Opry” theater collapsed.
- Storm expected to slam Arizona high country with strong wind
- Cooler weather coming to Phoenix area, snow to fall in high country
- Water forecast is bleak for Lake Powell runoff due to warm, dry winter
- This time-lapse video of a man building a cabin is strangely relaxing
- This video of men cleaning the snow off their roof is oddly satisfying