You have a chance to be a hero this weekend, as 140 cats and dogs are looking for foster homes.
Bretta Nelson with the Arizona Humane Society says you can decide how long to take one in.
“Some of the ones that might be a little bit easier are those cats and dogs suffering from upper respiratory infections or colds,” she said. “That may just be a two week or little bit shorter term.”
There are also options to keep a pet for up to two months.
“We have the orthopedic cases where they have a broken leg or may even need an amputation, and those can be a little bit longer,” said Nelson.
Costs to bring home a foster pet should be relatively low. Nelson says they’ll cover the medical costs and in some cases, food, blankets and toys will be provided.
“Really you don’t need anything to be a foster home besides a big heart and a house,” she said.
The next Arizona Humane Society Foster Hero Orientation is Saturday from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Sunnyslope Campus located at 9226 N. 13th Avenue in Phoenix. To register for an orientation, visit www.azhumane.org or call volunteer services at 602-997-7586, extension 1040.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them