If you haven’t yet been to the Musical Instrument Museum in north Phoenix and don’t foresee a time in the near future when you can go, there’s another way to take a tour of the largest-of-its-kind venue.
Enter Google Street View, an up-close-and-personal feature of Google Maps.
With the online tool, you can take a 360-degree walk through the museum.
A museum employee told Fox 10 that Google came through the building in February 2013 to map out the interior.
The two-story facility has more than 15,000 instruments and artifacts — roughly 6,000 of which are on display at a time — from about 200 countries and territories in the world. The MIM opened its doors in April 2010.
A tour of the entire building — in person — generally takes between three and four hours.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.