If you haven’t yet been to the Musical Instrument Museum in north Phoenix and don’t foresee a time in the near future when you can go, there’s another way to take a tour of the largest-of-its-kind venue.
Enter Google Street View, an up-close-and-personal feature of Google Maps.
With the online tool, you can take a 360-degree walk through the museum.
A museum employee told Fox 10 that Google came through the building in February 2013 to map out the interior.
The two-story facility has more than 15,000 instruments and artifacts — roughly 6,000 of which are on display at a time — from about 200 countries and territories in the world. The MIM opened its doors in April 2010.
A tour of the entire building — in person — generally takes between three and four hours.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy