PHOENIX — Three men were arrested Thursday for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman in a Scottsdale apartment.
Scottsdale police said the woman was too intoxicated to drive, so she decided to sleep in one of the bedrooms.
She then woke up to one of the men sexually assaulting her, police said, and the other two suspects later joined in.
Police Officer David Pubins said the three men — all former Scottsdale Community College students — at first denied any wrongdoing.
“Our detectives were able to elicit some responses from them that implicated themselves in this activity,” Pubins said. “So we did arrest all three of the suspects on sexual assault charges.”
Pubins said that the woman was able to run from the apartment and she called a family member to take her to a hospital, where Scottdale police then received a phone call.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy