PHOENIX — A Valley veteran is getting frustrated because of the wait he said he’s going through at the Veterans Administration hospital in Phoenix.
Dave Campbell is awaiting a serious operation.
“I am waiting to get my leg amputated,” he said. “I’ve been waiting for about three months just to get a doctor to say OK.”
Campell served in Operation Desert Storm 20 years ago and was exposed to several chemicals that now make it difficult for his bones to heal. Campbell said he needs the operation because of the pain he suffers from a car crash that happened 10 years ago in the U.S.
“I’m in a lot of pain every day, every night. I’m just waiting,” he said.
Campbell said he’s fed up with the VA Medical Center in Phoenix.
“It disgusts me,” he said. “They wouldn’t have their job if wasn’t for veterans. They’re doing their thing rather than what we need. They’re busy hiding behind the issues rather than dealing with it.”
Campbell said he hopes the recent controversy surrounding care at the hospital will “make Americans wake up and realize what’s going on there.”
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again