PHOENIX — A Valley veteran is getting frustrated because of the wait he said he’s going through at the Veterans Administration hospital in Phoenix.
Dave Campbell is awaiting a serious operation.
“I am waiting to get my leg amputated,” he said. “I’ve been waiting for about three months just to get a doctor to say OK.”
Campell served in Operation Desert Storm 20 years ago and was exposed to several chemicals that now make it difficult for his bones to heal. Campbell said he needs the operation because of the pain he suffers from a car crash that happened 10 years ago in the U.S.
“I’m in a lot of pain every day, every night. I’m just waiting,” he said.
Campbell said he’s fed up with the VA Medical Center in Phoenix.
“It disgusts me,” he said. “They wouldn’t have their job if wasn’t for veterans. They’re doing their thing rather than what we need. They’re busy hiding behind the issues rather than dealing with it.”
Campbell said he hopes the recent controversy surrounding care at the hospital will “make Americans wake up and realize what’s going on there.”
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night