PHOENIX — A Valley veteran is getting frustrated because of the wait he said he’s going through at the Veterans Administration hospital in Phoenix.
Dave Campbell is awaiting a serious operation.
“I am waiting to get my leg amputated,” he said. “I’ve been waiting for about three months just to get a doctor to say OK.”
Campell served in Operation Desert Storm 20 years ago and was exposed to several chemicals that now make it difficult for his bones to heal. Campbell said he needs the operation because of the pain he suffers from a car crash that happened 10 years ago in the U.S.
“I’m in a lot of pain every day, every night. I’m just waiting,” he said.
Campbell said he’s fed up with the VA Medical Center in Phoenix.
“It disgusts me,” he said. “They wouldn’t have their job if wasn’t for veterans. They’re doing their thing rather than what we need. They’re busy hiding behind the issues rather than dealing with it.”
Campbell said he hopes the recent controversy surrounding care at the hospital will “make Americans wake up and realize what’s going on there.”
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns