PHOENIX — A Valley veteran is getting frustrated because of the wait he said he’s going through at the Veterans Administration hospital in Phoenix.
Dave Campbell is awaiting a serious operation.
“I am waiting to get my leg amputated,” he said. “I’ve been waiting for about three months just to get a doctor to say OK.”
Campell served in Operation Desert Storm 20 years ago and was exposed to several chemicals that now make it difficult for his bones to heal. Campbell said he needs the operation because of the pain he suffers from a car crash that happened 10 years ago in the U.S.
“I’m in a lot of pain every day, every night. I’m just waiting,” he said.
Campbell said he’s fed up with the VA Medical Center in Phoenix.
“It disgusts me,” he said. “They wouldn’t have their job if wasn’t for veterans. They’re doing their thing rather than what we need. They’re busy hiding behind the issues rather than dealing with it.”
Campbell said he hopes the recent controversy surrounding care at the hospital will “make Americans wake up and realize what’s going on there.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments