PHOENIX — Police are searching for a man suspected of robbing Hispanic men looking for work in parking lots at gun- or knife-point.
“He solicits them to do work for him in exchange for payment,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos. “Once they get in the vehicle, he produces a weapon and then robs the victim of either cash, phones, jewelry, anything of value.”
The suspect is not limited to one area of the Valley.
“There are a variety of locations,” said Martos. “Some began up north off of Bell Road, some went west towards 51st Avenue and Indian School then we had a couple of them in South Phoenix as well in the area of Seventh Avenue and Southern.”
It is believed the suspect has robbed at least seven victims, but Martos said there could be more. He generally looks for his victims in home Depot or Food City parking lots.
The suspect is described as being a Hispanic male between 25 and 35 years old. He stands 5-foot-8 and weighs between 200 and 250 pounds. He is fluent in Spanish.
The suspect was last seen driving a white or grey 2000s model Ford F-150 or a new black Dodge truck.
Anyone with information on these crimes is asked to contact the Phoenix Police Department at (602) 262-6141 or Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy