PHOENIX — Police are searching for a man suspected of robbing Hispanic men looking for work in parking lots at gun- or knife-point.
“He solicits them to do work for him in exchange for payment,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos. “Once they get in the vehicle, he produces a weapon and then robs the victim of either cash, phones, jewelry, anything of value.”
The suspect is not limited to one area of the Valley.
“There are a variety of locations,” said Martos. “Some began up north off of Bell Road, some went west towards 51st Avenue and Indian School then we had a couple of them in South Phoenix as well in the area of Seventh Avenue and Southern.”
It is believed the suspect has robbed at least seven victims, but Martos said there could be more. He generally looks for his victims in home Depot or Food City parking lots.
The suspect is described as being a Hispanic male between 25 and 35 years old. He stands 5-foot-8 and weighs between 200 and 250 pounds. He is fluent in Spanish.
The suspect was last seen driving a white or grey 2000s model Ford F-150 or a new black Dodge truck.
Anyone with information on these crimes is asked to contact the Phoenix Police Department at (602) 262-6141 or Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier