PHOENIX — West Valley residents now have a St. Joe’s campus all their own.
The 60,000-square-foot St. Joseph’s Westgate Medical Center officially opened Wednesday in Glendale. Tina Brucato-Day, senior director of hospital operations, said she looks forward to bringing Dignity Health’s high-quality care to the area.
“Dignity Health does not have a presence out in the West Valley at this point, so what we really wanted to do was to get a footprint and a presence out in the West Valley to serve the West Valley community,” she said.
The new hospital, while smaller than the main Phoenix campus, is a full-service facility and can serve orthopedic, urology, endoscopy and gastrointestinal patients.
“We have 12 beds in our emergency department, we have 24 in-patient beds, and then we also have two operating rooms and two procedural rooms,” Brucato-Day said.
Patients will also have access to an online waiting service where they can schedule an appointment online and not spend their time in a waiting room.
The medical center is just the first step for the Westgate complex. It will also eventually house community physicians and outpatient partners on the 35-acre campus.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains