PHOENIX — West Valley residents now have a St. Joe’s campus all their own.
The 60,000-square-foot St. Joseph’s Westgate Medical Center officially opened Wednesday in Glendale. Tina Brucato-Day, senior director of hospital operations, said she looks forward to bringing Dignity Health’s high-quality care to the area.
“Dignity Health does not have a presence out in the West Valley at this point, so what we really wanted to do was to get a footprint and a presence out in the West Valley to serve the West Valley community,” she said.
The new hospital, while smaller than the main Phoenix campus, is a full-service facility and can serve orthopedic, urology, endoscopy and gastrointestinal patients.
“We have 12 beds in our emergency department, we have 24 in-patient beds, and then we also have two operating rooms and two procedural rooms,” Brucato-Day said.
Patients will also have access to an online waiting service where they can schedule an appointment online and not spend their time in a waiting room.
The medical center is just the first step for the Westgate complex. It will also eventually house community physicians and outpatient partners on the 35-acre campus.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments