PHOENIX — West Valley residents now have a St. Joe’s campus all their own.
The 60,000-square-foot St. Joseph’s Westgate Medical Center officially opened Wednesday in Glendale. Tina Brucato-Day, senior director of hospital operations, said she looks forward to bringing Dignity Health’s high-quality care to the area.
“Dignity Health does not have a presence out in the West Valley at this point, so what we really wanted to do was to get a footprint and a presence out in the West Valley to serve the West Valley community,” she said.
The new hospital, while smaller than the main Phoenix campus, is a full-service facility and can serve orthopedic, urology, endoscopy and gastrointestinal patients.
“We have 12 beds in our emergency department, we have 24 in-patient beds, and then we also have two operating rooms and two procedural rooms,” Brucato-Day said.
Patients will also have access to an online waiting service where they can schedule an appointment online and not spend their time in a waiting room.
The medical center is just the first step for the Westgate complex. It will also eventually house community physicians and outpatient partners on the 35-acre campus.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again