PHOENIX — West Valley residents now have a St. Joe’s campus all their own.
The 60,000-square-foot St. Joseph’s Westgate Medical Center officially opened Wednesday in Glendale. Tina Brucato-Day, senior director of hospital operations, said she looks forward to bringing Dignity Health’s high-quality care to the area.
“Dignity Health does not have a presence out in the West Valley at this point, so what we really wanted to do was to get a footprint and a presence out in the West Valley to serve the West Valley community,” she said.
The new hospital, while smaller than the main Phoenix campus, is a full-service facility and can serve orthopedic, urology, endoscopy and gastrointestinal patients.
“We have 12 beds in our emergency department, we have 24 in-patient beds, and then we also have two operating rooms and two procedural rooms,” Brucato-Day said.
Patients will also have access to an online waiting service where they can schedule an appointment online and not spend their time in a waiting room.
The medical center is just the first step for the Westgate complex. It will also eventually house community physicians and outpatient partners on the 35-acre campus.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development