PHOENIX — The Pinal County Sheriff’s Office released video of a fatal officer-involved shooting Wednesday that took the life of an Eloy, Ariz. man.
PCSO said it released the video below after varying accounts of the incident were reported by media.
Victor Arenas, 25, was outside his home about 4 a.m. Sunday checking on a possible intruder. That’s when a man identified as Arenas yelled at Officer Richard Timmes for shining his flashlight at him. Authorities said Arenas then pointed a gun at the officer.
Timmes yelled at Arenas to put the gun down but he fired at the officer instead. Timmes returned fire, hitting Arenas. The man ran a short distance before collapsing. He was later pronounced dead at a local hospital.
WARNING: THE VIDEO BELOW CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon