TEMPE, Ariz. — It was three years ago when Cory Hahn was paralyzed from the chest down during one of his first baseball games playing for Arizona State University.
Since that life-changing moment, Hahn was drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks in 2013 and continues efforts toward walking again. Hahn received his Bachelor of Arts in business Wednesday from the W.P. Carey School of Business at Wells Fargo Arena.
“When you come to a school that you love, you never want to leave, but at the same time I have great opportunities ahead of me,” Hahn said. “Everything that I’ve gone through at ASU is all coming back to me (this morning). It’s emotional.
“I suffered an injury that was a little tough to handle but coming back to school and graduating is very rewarding. Even though you suffer something catastrophic, you can still succeed.”
Hahn said he’s going to have a few days off before starting a job with the Diamondbacks.
“I’m not sure exactly yet what my role will be. We’re still ironing out details. I’m ready to help the organization any way that I can.”
His mother, Chris Hahn, said her son is tenacious and will accomplish everything that he sets out to do.
“I’ve already cried a couple of times,” she said. “As soon as I saw him this morning it was the culmination of what a parent strives for. I couldn’t be more proud of him. This is a special day.”
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development