TEMPE, Ariz. — It was three years ago when Cory Hahn was paralyzed from the chest down during one of his first baseball games playing for Arizona State University.
Since that life-changing moment, Hahn was drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks in 2013 and continues efforts toward walking again. Hahn received his Bachelor of Arts in business Wednesday from the W.P. Carey School of Business at Wells Fargo Arena.
“When you come to a school that you love, you never want to leave, but at the same time I have great opportunities ahead of me,” Hahn said. “Everything that I’ve gone through at ASU is all coming back to me (this morning). It’s emotional.
“I suffered an injury that was a little tough to handle but coming back to school and graduating is very rewarding. Even though you suffer something catastrophic, you can still succeed.”
Hahn said he’s going to have a few days off before starting a job with the Diamondbacks.
“I’m not sure exactly yet what my role will be. We’re still ironing out details. I’m ready to help the organization any way that I can.”
His mother, Chris Hahn, said her son is tenacious and will accomplish everything that he sets out to do.
“I’ve already cried a couple of times,” she said. “As soon as I saw him this morning it was the culmination of what a parent strives for. I couldn’t be more proud of him. This is a special day.”
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier