PHOENIX — The city of Surprise has broken ground on a state-of-the-art rehabilitation facility.
The new project is a partnership between the city of Surprise and Dallas-based Cobalt Medical Partners to bring a 50,000-square-foot facility to Bell and Dysart roads, specializing in the care of traumatic brain injury patients.
Surprise Mayor Sharon Wolcott said Cobalt has been working to locate such facilities near the town’s professional football and other sports stadiums.
“Because they know that a good deal of traumatic brain injury occurs in professional sports,” she said. “This is a facility that I think could be working very well with all the professional sports teams that we have in the West Valley.”
Wolcott said the facility is not just for athletes, though.
“This is an opportunity also for other traumatic brain injury patients to learn a little bit more about the West Valley and see what that West Valley has to offer,” Wolcott said.
The new facility will be able to house 40 patients and will create about 125 jobs, she said. It’s expected to be open by late 2014.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development