PHOENIX — National trade experts were in Phoenix on Tuesday for talks that could lead to the overseas sale of goods that are locally made.
During the Global Cities Initiative at Arizona State University in downtown Phoenix, experts came to help the city develop a plan to export products.
Mayor Greg Stanton said Phoenix is already working to achieve the goal and that the city has already teamed up with the Arizona Commerce Authority to open an office in Mexico City.
“We have already formed our export iniative, in which we will be working with some of the leading policy makers in the region to push for advanced public policies to lead to a more export economy,” Stanton said.
Stanton said he wanted city staffers to help businesses learn how to sell their products overseas.
“How many small- or medium-sized businesses are developing awesome products and services that would have a marketplace in other countries around the world, but they may not be able to understand how to access that global economy? We are here to help,” Stanton said.
Stanton made boosting local exports a key part of his State of the City Address in March.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier