PHOENIX — Arizona’s consumer confidence has reached its highest level since the start of the recession, according to a survey.
The Behavior Research Center said the Arizona Consumer Confidence Index rose to 75.1 percent compared to 68.9 percent in January. The Rocky Mountain Poll said optimism about the economy is particularly strong in the state’s major urban counties, Maricopa and Pima. Those numbers are the best since January 2008.
What may be holding back the index is that respondents don’t have much faith that their family income will improve anytime soon.
That has remained basically unchanged since the summer of 2011. In Arizona’s rural counties, however, optimism did not keep pace with the Phoenix and Tucson areas.
The confidence index in rural Arizona stood at 49.7 percent, a big slide from January’s 65.5 percent.
The poll is based on 710 interviews conducted April 16-27.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier