PHOENIX — Arizona’s consumer confidence has reached its highest level since the start of the recession, according to a survey.
The Behavior Research Center said the Arizona Consumer Confidence Index rose to 75.1 percent compared to 68.9 percent in January. The Rocky Mountain Poll said optimism about the economy is particularly strong in the state’s major urban counties, Maricopa and Pima. Those numbers are the best since January 2008.
What may be holding back the index is that respondents don’t have much faith that their family income will improve anytime soon.
That has remained basically unchanged since the summer of 2011. In Arizona’s rural counties, however, optimism did not keep pace with the Phoenix and Tucson areas.
The confidence index in rural Arizona stood at 49.7 percent, a big slide from January’s 65.5 percent.
The poll is based on 710 interviews conducted April 16-27.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon