PHOENIX — Arizona’s consumer confidence has reached its highest level since the start of the recession, according to a survey.
The Behavior Research Center said the Arizona Consumer Confidence Index rose to 75.1 percent compared to 68.9 percent in January. The Rocky Mountain Poll said optimism about the economy is particularly strong in the state’s major urban counties, Maricopa and Pima. Those numbers are the best since January 2008.
What may be holding back the index is that respondents don’t have much faith that their family income will improve anytime soon.
That has remained basically unchanged since the summer of 2011. In Arizona’s rural counties, however, optimism did not keep pace with the Phoenix and Tucson areas.
The confidence index in rural Arizona stood at 49.7 percent, a big slide from January’s 65.5 percent.
The poll is based on 710 interviews conducted April 16-27.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night