PHOENIX — Patients and employees at Phoenix Children’s Hospital were given a fun, furry break Monday when some puppies and kittens stopped by to play.
“It’s a great experience for staff as a de-stresser, which is the same thing for families,” said Mary Lou Jennings with the hospital. “Our families have a lot of stress and this is just a fun time for them to come out and interact with a puppy or a kitty.”
The animals were brought to the hospital by the “Inspiration Waggin,” a six-city tour hosted by Valley-based PetSmart.
“I think my favorite moment in L.A. (was when) we were at the UCLA campuses and one of the girls who was there actually started tearing up,” Melissa Galoway with Petsmart. “We said, ‘Are you OK?’ and she said ‘I’m away from home and I’m at school and I miss my family and I miss my dog and this just makes me happy and relieved.'”
In addition to Los Angeles and Phoenix, the tour will also stop in Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and New York.
KTAR’s Jeremy Foster contributed to this report.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food