PHOENIX — Patients and employees at Phoenix Children’s Hospital were given a fun, furry break Monday when some puppies and kittens stopped by to play.
“It’s a great experience for staff as a de-stresser, which is the same thing for families,” said Mary Lou Jennings with the hospital. “Our families have a lot of stress and this is just a fun time for them to come out and interact with a puppy or a kitty.”
The animals were brought to the hospital by the “Inspiration Waggin,” a six-city tour hosted by Valley-based PetSmart.
“I think my favorite moment in L.A. (was when) we were at the UCLA campuses and one of the girls who was there actually started tearing up,” Melissa Galoway with Petsmart. “We said, ‘Are you OK?’ and she said ‘I’m away from home and I’m at school and I miss my family and I miss my dog and this just makes me happy and relieved.'”
In addition to Los Angeles and Phoenix, the tour will also stop in Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and New York.
KTAR’s Jeremy Foster contributed to this report.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development