PHOENIX — Patients and employees at Phoenix Children’s Hospital were given a fun, furry break Monday when some puppies and kittens stopped by to play.
“It’s a great experience for staff as a de-stresser, which is the same thing for families,” said Mary Lou Jennings with the hospital. “Our families have a lot of stress and this is just a fun time for them to come out and interact with a puppy or a kitty.”
The animals were brought to the hospital by the “Inspiration Waggin,” a six-city tour hosted by Valley-based PetSmart.
“I think my favorite moment in L.A. (was when) we were at the UCLA campuses and one of the girls who was there actually started tearing up,” Melissa Galoway with Petsmart. “We said, ‘Are you OK?’ and she said ‘I’m away from home and I’m at school and I miss my family and I miss my dog and this just makes me happy and relieved.'”
In addition to Los Angeles and Phoenix, the tour will also stop in Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and New York.
KTAR’s Jeremy Foster contributed to this report.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains