PHOENIX — More than four million passengers traveled through Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport in March, setting a new record.
In total, 4,029,861 travelers passed through Sky Harbor, an increase of 3.2 percent from March 2013. It was the first time the airport surpassed the four million passenger threshold.
“Spring training, students on spring break, Arizona’s great weather and our state’s many attractions brought visitors to Phoenix in record numbers,” said Phoenix Aviation Director Danny Murphy in a press release. “Our tourism partners, such as hotels and rental car companies also enjoyed a tremendous spring travel season.”
Sky Harbor wasn’t the only benefactor of the jump in passengers.
“Valley hotels and resorts saw a 2.9 percent increase in occupancy in March 2014 compared to the previous March,” said Debbie Johnson, president and CEO of the Arizona Lodging and Tourism Association, in a press release. “Tourists spend more than $19 billion every year in Arizona. An increase in the number of visitors to our state is good for everyone.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon