PHOENIX — When it comes to charitable donations, Arizona reportedly ranks pretty low on the national list.
According to a Gallup poll, Arizona ranked 45th for charitable giving.
While 60 percent of Arizonans donate money on an annual basis, just 35 percent will actually volunteer time. About 26 percent of respondents said they donate both money and time.
Overall, the state that gives the most is Utah, with 71 percent donating money, 56 percent volunteering time and 48 percent doing both.
Utah was followed by Minnesota, Hawaii, South Dakota and New Hampshire, respectively.
The poll was conducted from June to December 2013 and used the response of 600 males older than 18.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development