PHOENIX — Looking for a sacred place to enjoy this weekend? One of the world’s top 10 sacred places is a short drive away.
Sedona, Ariz. came in 10th overall in Budget Travel‘s list of the most sacred spots on Earth because of the region’s connection to spiritual energy.
“Sedona, Arizona has long drawn people interested in healing, spirituality, mysticism, and metaphysics, who come for more than just the dramatic, red-rock beauty. The area is famous for its vortexes, powerful centers of kinetic energy that can have a deep effect on those who visit them.”
While some may write-off the idea of vortexes and spiritual energy as a bunch of hooey, Sedona embraces the idea that something special attracts visitors.
“It’s truly amazing that the most beautiful place on earth is also known for what you can’t see,” said Jennifer Wesselhoff, President/CEO of the Sedona Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Bureau in a press release. “The energy of Sedona fills most visitors with a feeling of great serenity, peace and love. There is something special in Sedona, and you feel it the moment you arrive.”
The most sacred site on Budget Travel’s list was Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park in Australia, followed by Cenote Sagrado, Mexico, Mahabodhi Tree, India, Mount Kailas, Tibet and Mount Sinai, Egypt, respectively.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.