PHOENIX — Looking for a sacred place to enjoy this weekend? One of the world’s top 10 sacred places is a short drive away.
Sedona, Ariz. came in 10th overall in Budget Travel‘s list of the most sacred spots on Earth because of the region’s connection to spiritual energy.
“Sedona, Arizona has long drawn people interested in healing, spirituality, mysticism, and metaphysics, who come for more than just the dramatic, red-rock beauty. The area is famous for its vortexes, powerful centers of kinetic energy that can have a deep effect on those who visit them.”
While some may write-off the idea of vortexes and spiritual energy as a bunch of hooey, Sedona embraces the idea that something special attracts visitors.
“It’s truly amazing that the most beautiful place on earth is also known for what you can’t see,” said Jennifer Wesselhoff, President/CEO of the Sedona Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Bureau in a press release. “The energy of Sedona fills most visitors with a feeling of great serenity, peace and love. There is something special in Sedona, and you feel it the moment you arrive.”
The most sacred site on Budget Travel’s list was Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park in Australia, followed by Cenote Sagrado, Mexico, Mahabodhi Tree, India, Mount Kailas, Tibet and Mount Sinai, Egypt, respectively.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments