PHOENIX — Looking for a sacred place to enjoy this weekend? One of the world’s top 10 sacred places is a short drive away.
Sedona, Ariz. came in 10th overall in Budget Travel‘s list of the most sacred spots on Earth because of the region’s connection to spiritual energy.
“Sedona, Arizona has long drawn people interested in healing, spirituality, mysticism, and metaphysics, who come for more than just the dramatic, red-rock beauty. The area is famous for its vortexes, powerful centers of kinetic energy that can have a deep effect on those who visit them.”
While some may write-off the idea of vortexes and spiritual energy as a bunch of hooey, Sedona embraces the idea that something special attracts visitors.
“It’s truly amazing that the most beautiful place on earth is also known for what you can’t see,” said Jennifer Wesselhoff, President/CEO of the Sedona Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Bureau in a press release. “The energy of Sedona fills most visitors with a feeling of great serenity, peace and love. There is something special in Sedona, and you feel it the moment you arrive.”
The most sacred site on Budget Travel’s list was Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park in Australia, followed by Cenote Sagrado, Mexico, Mahabodhi Tree, India, Mount Kailas, Tibet and Mount Sinai, Egypt, respectively.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon