Kelley Saunders will officially become a physician after graduating from the University of Arizona College of Medicine on Monday.
She’s spent the last four years studying for her degree while her husband of five years has juggled two jobs, while also taking care of the house and two young boys — ages three and five.
“He’s a rock star,” Saunders said. “He also takes care of me and supports me when I’ve had a rough day.”
She knows her family has made incredible sacrifices for her, but plans to spend plenty of time with them before beginning training at Banner Good Samaritan this summer to be a physician in obstetrics-gynecology this summer.
Saunders was also selected for the Gold Humanism Honor Society, and portrayed her struggles over the past four years in a music video. Her entry, “Your Love,” is one of four vignettes part of a national contest.
The contest will hand out first prize to the video with the most likes. It runs through this month with the $1,000 reward going to the winning school’s library.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon