Kelley Saunders will officially become a physician after graduating from the University of Arizona College of Medicine on Monday.
She’s spent the last four years studying for her degree while her husband of five years has juggled two jobs, while also taking care of the house and two young boys — ages three and five.
“He’s a rock star,” Saunders said. “He also takes care of me and supports me when I’ve had a rough day.”
She knows her family has made incredible sacrifices for her, but plans to spend plenty of time with them before beginning training at Banner Good Samaritan this summer to be a physician in obstetrics-gynecology this summer.
Saunders was also selected for the Gold Humanism Honor Society, and portrayed her struggles over the past four years in a music video. Her entry, “Your Love,” is one of four vignettes part of a national contest.
The contest will hand out first prize to the video with the most likes. It runs through this month with the $1,000 reward going to the winning school’s library.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments