Sprouts Farmers Market is soaring past expectations to start 2014, reporting an 86 percent increase in profit through the year’s first quarter.
The Phoenix Business Journal reports that the Phoenix-based natural grocer saw its income grow by 86 percent over the first quarter of 2013, totaling about 22 cents per share.
Sprouts experienced a 26 percent jump in revenue, generating $722.6 million across both existing and new stores. The brand opened its first Kansas City location, as well as two in California and one in Oklahoma to bring its total to 172 stores operating in nine states.
“Sprouts’ focus on value is resonating with a broad and growing base of customers who now have the opportunity to purchase healthy food at an affordable price. This has resulted in 28 consecutive quarters of positive same store sales growth and record first quarter financial performance that outperformed our targets,” said Doug Sanders, president and CEO.
“Given our strong business momentum and impressive first quarter results we are increasing our annual guidance, and feel confident in achieving our growth plans,” said Sanders.
Sprouts’ 2014 growth is on the opposite end of the spectrum from competitor Whole Foods, which lowered its sales and profit forecasts for the year despite an increase in revenue.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon