Sprouts Farmers Market is soaring past expectations to start 2014, reporting an 86 percent increase in profit through the year’s first quarter.
The Phoenix Business Journal reports that the Phoenix-based natural grocer saw its income grow by 86 percent over the first quarter of 2013, totaling about 22 cents per share.
Sprouts experienced a 26 percent jump in revenue, generating $722.6 million across both existing and new stores. The brand opened its first Kansas City location, as well as two in California and one in Oklahoma to bring its total to 172 stores operating in nine states.
“Sprouts’ focus on value is resonating with a broad and growing base of customers who now have the opportunity to purchase healthy food at an affordable price. This has resulted in 28 consecutive quarters of positive same store sales growth and record first quarter financial performance that outperformed our targets,” said Doug Sanders, president and CEO.
“Given our strong business momentum and impressive first quarter results we are increasing our annual guidance, and feel confident in achieving our growth plans,” said Sanders.
Sprouts’ 2014 growth is on the opposite end of the spectrum from competitor Whole Foods, which lowered its sales and profit forecasts for the year despite an increase in revenue.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night