Sprouts Farmers Market is soaring past expectations to start 2014, reporting an 86 percent increase in profit through the year’s first quarter.
The Phoenix Business Journal reports that the Phoenix-based natural grocer saw its income grow by 86 percent over the first quarter of 2013, totaling about 22 cents per share.
Sprouts experienced a 26 percent jump in revenue, generating $722.6 million across both existing and new stores. The brand opened its first Kansas City location, as well as two in California and one in Oklahoma to bring its total to 172 stores operating in nine states.
“Sprouts’ focus on value is resonating with a broad and growing base of customers who now have the opportunity to purchase healthy food at an affordable price. This has resulted in 28 consecutive quarters of positive same store sales growth and record first quarter financial performance that outperformed our targets,” said Doug Sanders, president and CEO.
“Given our strong business momentum and impressive first quarter results we are increasing our annual guidance, and feel confident in achieving our growth plans,” said Sanders.
Sprouts’ 2014 growth is on the opposite end of the spectrum from competitor Whole Foods, which lowered its sales and profit forecasts for the year despite an increase in revenue.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier