The Phoenix City Council Wednesday night approved a pay cut for Phoenix police officers, but cops won’t be the only ones getting their salaries slashed.
A Mayor’s office spokesman said Mayor Greg Stanton will also be lighter in the wallet — just like every other city employee.
In fact the mayor said he’s already been cutting back.
“I don’t take a call allowance, or phone, or any other compensation that’s allowed,” Stanton said.
Vice Mayor Jim Waring said that city leaders are also taking a pay cut.
“The City is taking a 1.6 (percent cut), and we’ve already taken point five of that,” said Waring. “The City Manager is going to cut the executive pay to match the cut for the city workers, and we are part of that.”
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets