The Phoenix City Council Wednesday night approved a pay cut for Phoenix police officers, but cops won’t be the only ones getting their salaries slashed.
A Mayor’s office spokesman said Mayor Greg Stanton will also be lighter in the wallet — just like every other city employee.
In fact the mayor said he’s already been cutting back.
“I don’t take a call allowance, or phone, or any other compensation that’s allowed,” Stanton said.
Vice Mayor Jim Waring said that city leaders are also taking a pay cut.
“The City is taking a 1.6 (percent cut), and we’ve already taken point five of that,” said Waring. “The City Manager is going to cut the executive pay to match the cut for the city workers, and we are part of that.”
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.