The Phoenix City Council Wednesday night approved a pay cut for Phoenix police officers, but cops won’t be the only ones getting their salaries slashed.
A Mayor’s office spokesman said Mayor Greg Stanton will also be lighter in the wallet — just like every other city employee.
In fact the mayor said he’s already been cutting back.
“I don’t take a call allowance, or phone, or any other compensation that’s allowed,” Stanton said.
Vice Mayor Jim Waring said that city leaders are also taking a pay cut.
“The City is taking a 1.6 (percent cut), and we’ve already taken point five of that,” said Waring. “The City Manager is going to cut the executive pay to match the cut for the city workers, and we are part of that.”
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes