An 18-year-old Arizona man accused of multiple sexual assaults of nearly a dozen girls, faces a minimum 147 years in prison if convicted.
Charges announced in Florence on Thursday against Tyler Kost of San Tan Valley included counts of sexual assault, sexual conduct with a minor, child molestation and sexual abuse of 11 girls in age ranging from 12 to 17.
The time frame for the crimes was October 2009 to April 2014, the Pinal County Attorney’s Office said.
Kost could be imprisoned for up to 334 years if found guilty on all counts.
County Attorney Lando Voyles encouraged parents of sexual assault victims
to report the crimes to authorities.
“Let your children know that we start by believing,” he said.
Kost was arrested by Pinal County sheriff’s deputies last week.
According to the indictment, none of the alleged sexual assaults occurred on a school campus. Kost, who until recently attended Poston Butee High School, is accused of sexually abusing the girls in his bedroom, in a parked car, a park and out in the desert.
Kost’s attorney, Christine Whalin, did not immediately respond to requests for
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon