PHOENIX — The Department of Public Health has launched its “Get Added” campaign to increase awareness of STD testing.
It’s three letters that scare the heck out of anybody — S-T-D — and if just reading them scares you, you should probably get tested.
“The STD awareness campaign is meant to drive people in for STD testing if they have any sexual risk,” said Dr. Melanie Taylor, infectious disease physician and medical epidemiologist at the Maricopa County Department of Public Health.
“And by ‘sexual risk,’ we mean if they have multiple partners, a new partner, if they’re leaving a relationship or they’re getting into a new relationship,” she said. “We really want to encourage all sexually active youths to go in to get STD testing.”
The Maricopa County Department of Public Health has complete testing for $20. No probes or swabs — just a urine sample and a little blood. It takes about an hour. The initial $20 payment also includes treatment for you and your partners.
For more information, visit www.STDAZ.com.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development