PHOENIX — The Department of Public Health has launched its “Get Added” campaign to increase awareness of STD testing.
It’s three letters that scare the heck out of anybody — S-T-D — and if just reading them scares you, you should probably get tested.
“The STD awareness campaign is meant to drive people in for STD testing if they have any sexual risk,” said Dr. Melanie Taylor, infectious disease physician and medical epidemiologist at the Maricopa County Department of Public Health.
“And by ‘sexual risk,’ we mean if they have multiple partners, a new partner, if they’re leaving a relationship or they’re getting into a new relationship,” she said. “We really want to encourage all sexually active youths to go in to get STD testing.”
The Maricopa County Department of Public Health has complete testing for $20. No probes or swabs — just a urine sample and a little blood. It takes about an hour. The initial $20 payment also includes treatment for you and your partners.
For more information, visit www.STDAZ.com.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy