PHOENIX — The Arizona Department of Transportation has applied for $70 million in federal grants.
ADOT Spokesman Dustin Kreugel said the grants are needed to fund a trio of projects, specifically “three projects that would help interstate commerce, and particularly trade with Mexico.”
One project is more expensive than the other two combined.
“We’re applying for $35 million for an environmental impact study for Interstate 11,” said Kruegel. “Currently, we are wrapping up an Interstate 11 conceptive report study, but this will be a much more extensive study that will look at the proposed Interstate 11 corridor that will potentially run from Nogales to Las Vegas and potentially all of the way up to Canada.”
The state also wants $24.5 million to replace a bridge on Interstate 15 in the northwest corner of the state and $9.5 million to improve the Ehrenberg Port of Entry on Interstate 10 near the Arizona-California border.
“If we get funding, it will put all of these projects on the fast track and we’ll be able to start them within the next year,” Kruegel said.
He said that ADOT expects to hear an answer on its requests sometime later this year.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development