PHOENIX — College and professional sports are multibillion dollar industries, so how can young Arizona athletes compete?
“Private coaching is really the best way to improve, whether it’s one-on-one or it’s small group training sessions of two to four athletes,” said Jordan Fliegel, founder of CoachUp. “We wanted to make that accessible and affordable to all athletes, not just the best athletes in the world.”
CoachUp connects private coaches with athletes.
The industry is so competitive, even at the elementary and junior high school levels, kids have a hard time even getting involved without help.
“If you name all the professional athletes today — from Tom Brady to Dirk Nowitzki (to) Mike Tyson…I mean you name the sport — Pete Sampras — they’ve all had private coaching,” he said.
With tons of coaches in Arizona, Fliegel said his website will help parents and athletes find a background-approved coach near them.
The average price is around $50 per one hour session or small two to four group sessions for less. CoachUp also allows negotiating directly with a coach for a lower rate.
For more information visit CoachUp.com.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America