PHOENIX — College and professional sports are multibillion dollar industries, so how can young Arizona athletes compete?
“Private coaching is really the best way to improve, whether it’s one-on-one or it’s small group training sessions of two to four athletes,” said Jordan Fliegel, founder of CoachUp. “We wanted to make that accessible and affordable to all athletes, not just the best athletes in the world.”
CoachUp connects private coaches with athletes.
The industry is so competitive, even at the elementary and junior high school levels, kids have a hard time even getting involved without help.
“If you name all the professional athletes today — from Tom Brady to Dirk Nowitzki (to) Mike Tyson…I mean you name the sport — Pete Sampras — they’ve all had private coaching,” he said.
With tons of coaches in Arizona, Fliegel said his website will help parents and athletes find a background-approved coach near them.
The average price is around $50 per one hour session or small two to four group sessions for less. CoachUp also allows negotiating directly with a coach for a lower rate.
For more information visit CoachUp.com.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon