PHOENIX — Thousands of Arizonans discovered a change at their bank this week.
On Monday, Washington Federal took ownership of several Bank of America branches that it purchased in January. The branches are located in several cities.
“Places like Globe, Yuma, Nogales, Parker, Payson. There are 13 total,” said Cathy Cooper, Washington Federal’s senior vice president of marketing and communications.
Customers were notified by mail of the sale. Cooper said that last weekend’s transition was smooth for the most part, but some customers have questions about their Bank of America loans.
“Bank of America kept all of the mortgages and the credit card business,” Cooper said. “If you had a mortgage or a credit card with Bank of America, you’re still a Bank of America customer for those products.”
She said that customers who had been going to their Bank of America branch to make a mortgage or credit card payment will have to make other arrangements.
Cooper said that customers of the affected branches should call Washington Federal at 1-800-324-9375 with any questions.
“But I will warn you that for the last three days, call volume has been very high because everyone is trying to call,” said Cooper.
You can also e-mail your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cooper would not say how much Washington Federal paid for the branches. She did say that as of right now, Washington Federal has no plans to buy any Bank of America branches in the Phoenix area.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night