PHOENIX — Thousands of Arizonans discovered a change at their bank this week.
On Monday, Washington Federal took ownership of several Bank of America branches that it purchased in January. The branches are located in several cities.
“Places like Globe, Yuma, Nogales, Parker, Payson. There are 13 total,” said Cathy Cooper, Washington Federal’s senior vice president of marketing and communications.
Customers were notified by mail of the sale. Cooper said that last weekend’s transition was smooth for the most part, but some customers have questions about their Bank of America loans.
“Bank of America kept all of the mortgages and the credit card business,” Cooper said. “If you had a mortgage or a credit card with Bank of America, you’re still a Bank of America customer for those products.”
She said that customers who had been going to their Bank of America branch to make a mortgage or credit card payment will have to make other arrangements.
Cooper said that customers of the affected branches should call Washington Federal at 1-800-324-9375 with any questions.
“But I will warn you that for the last three days, call volume has been very high because everyone is trying to call,” said Cooper.
You can also e-mail your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cooper would not say how much Washington Federal paid for the branches. She did say that as of right now, Washington Federal has no plans to buy any Bank of America branches in the Phoenix area.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns