PHOENIX — Thousands of Arizonans discovered a change at their bank this week.
On Monday, Washington Federal took ownership of several Bank of America branches that it purchased in January. The branches are located in several cities.
“Places like Globe, Yuma, Nogales, Parker, Payson. There are 13 total,” said Cathy Cooper, Washington Federal’s senior vice president of marketing and communications.
Customers were notified by mail of the sale. Cooper said that last weekend’s transition was smooth for the most part, but some customers have questions about their Bank of America loans.
“Bank of America kept all of the mortgages and the credit card business,” Cooper said. “If you had a mortgage or a credit card with Bank of America, you’re still a Bank of America customer for those products.”
She said that customers who had been going to their Bank of America branch to make a mortgage or credit card payment will have to make other arrangements.
Cooper said that customers of the affected branches should call Washington Federal at 1-800-324-9375 with any questions.
“But I will warn you that for the last three days, call volume has been very high because everyone is trying to call,” said Cooper.
You can also e-mail your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cooper would not say how much Washington Federal paid for the branches. She did say that as of right now, Washington Federal has no plans to buy any Bank of America branches in the Phoenix area.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development