PHOENIX — A memorial wall was unveiled at St. Joseph’s Trauma Center at a special remembrance ceremony on Wednesday.
Family and friends from the nine fallen public safety officers, as well as various Valley police and fire departments, were on hand for the ceremony.
“It’s a peaceful feeling, because there’s a lot going on at the time, and it’s always really nice to know that there’s qualified personnel that are just there to serve and help,” said Aaron Jones, brother of Glendale police officer Bradley Jones who ended his watch in October 2011.
The wall features photos of nine fallen members of Valley police and fire departments who have been brought into St. Joseph’s Trauma Center since 2007. Trauma Program Manager Michelle Guadnola said now the wall is the first and last thing people see when they enter and exit the trauma center.
“We work very closely with the police officers and with the fire department and they’re really part of our family,” said Guadnola. “When one of them is injured, we really take it to heart.”
Saint Joe’s was also honored for the outstanding care provided to Valley police and firefighters with a special flag and fire plaque.
The art for the memorial wall is at the entrance to St. Joseph’s Trauma Center. The wall has photos of the nine fallen with an inscription that reads, “Honoring those who made the absolute sacrifice.”
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food