PHOENIX — Five former employees of Arizona’s embattled child welfare system are considering suing the state for wrongful termination.
“We are contemplating the possibility of a lawsuit for wrongful termination,” said attorney Terry Woods, who represents the five women who were fired after an investigation of the agency.
Despite the investigation revealing more than 6,500 reports of child abuse going uninvestigated, one former senior employee said she and others were disappointed with their firings.
“We spent our lives, we devoted our lives to Arizona CPS and this is the repayment that we get,” said Jenna Line-Webber.
The women said they did everything they could to deal with the cases but were not given enough resources.
The former Arizona Child Protective Services was dissolved after the findings were released.
In a statement, Clarence Carter, director of the Department of Economic Security, the agency that oversaw CPS, has maintained that he had no knowledge of the uninvestigated reports. He is no longer in charge of the state’s child welfare department.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths