PHOENIX — Five former employees of Arizona’s embattled child welfare system are considering suing the state for wrongful termination.
“We are contemplating the possibility of a lawsuit for wrongful termination,” said attorney Terry Woods, who represents the five women who were fired after an investigation of the agency.
Despite the investigation revealing more than 6,500 reports of child abuse going uninvestigated, one former senior employee said she and others were disappointed with their firings.
“We spent our lives, we devoted our lives to Arizona CPS and this is the repayment that we get,” said Jenna Line-Webber.
The women said they did everything they could to deal with the cases but were not given enough resources.
The former Arizona Child Protective Services was dissolved after the findings were released.
In a statement, Clarence Carter, director of the Department of Economic Security, the agency that oversaw CPS, has maintained that he had no knowledge of the uninvestigated reports. He is no longer in charge of the state’s child welfare department.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development