PHOENIX — Five former employees of Arizona’s embattled child welfare system are considering suing the state for wrongful termination.
“We are contemplating the possibility of a lawsuit for wrongful termination,” said attorney Terry Woods, who represents the five women who were fired after an investigation of the agency.
Despite the investigation revealing more than 6,500 reports of child abuse going uninvestigated, one former senior employee said she and others were disappointed with their firings.
“We spent our lives, we devoted our lives to Arizona CPS and this is the repayment that we get,” said Jenna Line-Webber.
The women said they did everything they could to deal with the cases but were not given enough resources.
The former Arizona Child Protective Services was dissolved after the findings were released.
In a statement, Clarence Carter, director of the Department of Economic Security, the agency that oversaw CPS, has maintained that he had no knowledge of the uninvestigated reports. He is no longer in charge of the state’s child welfare department.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy