PHOENIX — A Chandler school was locked down for nearly three hours Tuesday after a student allegedly made threats against the school, police said.
A neighboring complex of townhouses was partially evacuated.
A student told the principal of Chief Hill Academy that another student was threatening the school and had something planned at 11:25 a.m.
The student who allegedly made the threat was found at the housing complex complex near McQueen and Ray roads and arrested. A possible explosive device was found in the apartment.
The school, near Cooper and Frye roads, was evacuated. Two devices were found. Bomb dogs were investigating.
Cooper Road was closed in the area for a few hours. It was reopened about 3:15 p.m.
On Monday, five Chandler schools were placed on lockdown after a suspect allegedly engaged in a shootout with police. He has not been located.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development