PHOENIX — A Chandler school was locked down for nearly three hours Tuesday after a student allegedly made threats against the school, police said.
A neighboring complex of townhouses was partially evacuated.
A student told the principal of Chief Hill Academy that another student was threatening the school and had something planned at 11:25 a.m.
The student who allegedly made the threat was found at the housing complex complex near McQueen and Ray roads and arrested. A possible explosive device was found in the apartment.
The school, near Cooper and Frye roads, was evacuated. Two devices were found. Bomb dogs were investigating.
Cooper Road was closed in the area for a few hours. It was reopened about 3:15 p.m.
On Monday, five Chandler schools were placed on lockdown after a suspect allegedly engaged in a shootout with police. He has not been located.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy