Whatever he’s doing, Arizonans are feeling a bit more charitable toward President Obama, according to a poll.
The Behavior Research Center poll of 700 Arizonans in April showed the president’s job approval numbers jumped to 38 percent, up from 30 percent in January, even among Republicans.
Obama’s negative scores declined from 49 percent in January to 40 percent in April, a net favorable shift of 17 points.
The poll indicated the improved numbers are mostly coming from Democrats, but also among Arizonans between age 35-54 and among men. The president also made gains among lower- and middle- income families.
Republicans’ positive ratings for the president rose to 15 percent from only 8 in January. Independents were divided with 40 percent negative to 34 percent favorable.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.