Whatever he’s doing, Arizonans are feeling a bit more charitable toward President Obama, according to a poll.
The Behavior Research Center poll of 700 Arizonans in April showed the president’s job approval numbers jumped to 38 percent, up from 30 percent in January, even among Republicans.
Obama’s negative scores declined from 49 percent in January to 40 percent in April, a net favorable shift of 17 points.
The poll indicated the improved numbers are mostly coming from Democrats, but also among Arizonans between age 35-54 and among men. The president also made gains among lower- and middle- income families.
Republicans’ positive ratings for the president rose to 15 percent from only 8 in January. Independents were divided with 40 percent negative to 34 percent favorable.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night