PHOENIX — Authorities say a dozen people have been treated for
exposure to ammonia after a chemical leak at the Intel plant in Chandler.
Chandler Fire Department officials say 10 people were treated at the scene
Monday afternoon and two people were taken to a hospital for treatment.
Nearly 20 fire trucks and hazardous materials crews responded to the microchip
making company’s plant.
Fire officials were called at 1:30 p.m. after a construction crew struck a pipe
carrying ammonia while they were working on renovations. That led to a spill of 100 gallons of
The Chandler Fire Dept is currently working a hazardous materials incident at Intel located at 4500 S. Dobson Rd.
— ChandlerPolice (@ChandlerPolice) May 5, 2014