PHOENIX — At around 12:45 p.m. MST Sunday, the Phoenix Fire and Police Departments received a call about a reported drowning at an apartment complex located on 3625 W. Bethany Home Road.
Upon arrival at the scene, officials found a boy, identified as 13-year-old Osman Abdi, who was in full cardiac arrest along the pool deck.
According to a female witness, he was seen scaling a six-foot fence surrounding the pool. The witness left to find the property manager, who was not in his office, so she returned to her apartment.
Capt. Tony Mure of Phoenix Fire told KTAR that the witness eventually returned to the pool, where she found the boy lying facedown in the water.
Mure said officials were still trying to figure out how long he was underwater.
According to Mure, the child was not a resident of the apartment complex, and actually lived several blocks away from the scene.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas