PHOENIX — This week is Teacher Appreciation Week, and one church is doing something extra to say thank you to Valley teachers.
“It’s probably hard to overstate how important all of our schools and educators are, and we just wanted to take some time to appreciate them,” said Ashley Wooldridge, the executive pastor of Christ Church of the Valley.
The church has regular attendance of about 21,000 people a week at its five campuses Valleywide. Wooldridge said that they are showing their appreciation by sending out $25 Target store gift cards to 18,000 school employees at 227 local schools.
“We’re just happy to do it,” Wooldridge said. “We have a church of a lot of people who love to pour into schools, and they’re all contributing to make this happen.”
Wooldridge added that CCV spent $450,000 to buy the cards at Target.
Churchgoers are then buying the cards from CCV and sending them to teachers and school employees along with personalized thank you notes.
“If we can say thank you to even one person that hasn’t received a thank you this whole past year, that, in and of itself, is worth it,” said Wooldridge.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night