PHOENIX — This week is Teacher Appreciation Week, and one church is doing something extra to say thank you to Valley teachers.
“It’s probably hard to overstate how important all of our schools and educators are, and we just wanted to take some time to appreciate them,” said Ashley Wooldridge, the executive pastor of Christ Church of the Valley.
The church has regular attendance of about 21,000 people a week at its five campuses Valleywide. Wooldridge said that they are showing their appreciation by sending out $25 Target store gift cards to 18,000 school employees at 227 local schools.
“We’re just happy to do it,” Wooldridge said. “We have a church of a lot of people who love to pour into schools, and they’re all contributing to make this happen.”
Wooldridge added that CCV spent $450,000 to buy the cards at Target.
Churchgoers are then buying the cards from CCV and sending them to teachers and school employees along with personalized thank you notes.
“If we can say thank you to even one person that hasn’t received a thank you this whole past year, that, in and of itself, is worth it,” said Wooldridge.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon