PHOENIX — As the Arizona Public Service Co. works on a power line installation project May 10-11, highway traffic in downtown Phoenix will be heavily impacted.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said westbound Interstate 10 will be closed between the Interstate 17 split and 7th Avenue, while eastbound I-10 will close between the stack interchange and the Loop 202-State Route 51 interchange from 2 a.m. Saturday to 11 p.m. Sunday.
The westbound Loop 202 and southbound SR 51 ramps to westbound I-10 will also be closed, ADOT said, adding that the westbound Loop 202 ramp to eastbound I-10 and northbound SR 51 will be open but are expected to have heavy congestion.
APS said the project will see a second circuit added to the 7th Street power line system to meet higher electrical demands in the area.
ADOT said I-10 traffic approaching either end of the closure will be diverted onto the I-17 south and west of downtown Phoenix. Traffic will certainly get backed up approaching the closure, so ADOT recommends that drivers avoid the area if possible and use alternate routes.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments