PHOENIX — As the Arizona Public Service Co. works on a power line installation project May 10-11, highway traffic in downtown Phoenix will be heavily impacted.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said westbound Interstate 10 will be closed between the Interstate 17 split and 7th Avenue, while eastbound I-10 will close between the stack interchange and the Loop 202-State Route 51 interchange from 2 a.m. Saturday to 11 p.m. Sunday.
The westbound Loop 202 and southbound SR 51 ramps to westbound I-10 will also be closed, ADOT said, adding that the westbound Loop 202 ramp to eastbound I-10 and northbound SR 51 will be open but are expected to have heavy congestion.
APS said the project will see a second circuit added to the 7th Street power line system to meet higher electrical demands in the area.
ADOT said I-10 traffic approaching either end of the closure will be diverted onto the I-17 south and west of downtown Phoenix. Traffic will certainly get backed up approaching the closure, so ADOT recommends that drivers avoid the area if possible and use alternate routes.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon