PHOENIX — Roughly 75,000 people are expected to cram into downtown Phoenix this weekend.
They’ll be there for the 21st annual Cinco de Mayo Phoenix Festival on Saturday and Sunday.
Several renowned acts will performing during the two-day event.
“Our national entertainment will be on Saturday night starting with El Chicano at 8 p.m. and Los Lonely Boys at 10 p.m.,” said promoter Ray Arvizu. “(On Sunday) at 5:30, it will be Ozomatli, and Los Lobos will be at 8 p.m.”
There’s also Olympic-style boxing from USA Boxing AZ, food, drinks and carnival rides. It’s all happening at 2nd and Van Buren streets in the heart of the city. Admission is $5 before 5 p.m. both days, and $10 thereafter.
Arvizu said that proceeds from the event will go to a good cause.
“We will be giving away $100,000 to students through Grand Canyon University and Arvizu scholarships,” he said.
Click here for more details about the festival.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon