PHOENIX — Grab the sunscreen and hats, folks. Temperatures in metro Phoenix could hit the century mark before Monday for the first time this year.
Chris Kuhlman with the Weather Service said Saturday’s high should reach 99 and Sunday could bring 100 degrees.
The Valley has come close to hitting 100 degrees several times in the past few weeks but the National Weather Service said this weekend is the likeliest to do just that.
“It’s not a definite but there’s a better than 50 percent chance that we will see 100 at Sky Harbor Airport,” he said.
The earliest that Phoenix has reached 100 degrees was March 26, 1988. The latest was June 18, 1913.
The average for Phoenix to reach 100 for the first time in the year is May 13.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes