PHOENIX — Grab the sunscreen and hats, folks. Temperatures in metro Phoenix could hit the century mark before Monday for the first time this year.
Chris Kuhlman with the Weather Service said Saturday’s high should reach 99 and Sunday could bring 100 degrees.
The Valley has come close to hitting 100 degrees several times in the past few weeks but the National Weather Service said this weekend is the likeliest to do just that.
“It’s not a definite but there’s a better than 50 percent chance that we will see 100 at Sky Harbor Airport,” he said.
The earliest that Phoenix has reached 100 degrees was March 26, 1988. The latest was June 18, 1913.
The average for Phoenix to reach 100 for the first time in the year is May 13.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier