PHOENIX — Grab the sunscreen and hats, folks. Temperatures in metro Phoenix could hit the century mark before Monday for the first time this year.
Chris Kuhlman with the Weather Service said Saturday’s high should reach 99 and Sunday could bring 100 degrees.
The Valley has come close to hitting 100 degrees several times in the past few weeks but the National Weather Service said this weekend is the likeliest to do just that.
“It’s not a definite but there’s a better than 50 percent chance that we will see 100 at Sky Harbor Airport,” he said.
The earliest that Phoenix has reached 100 degrees was March 26, 1988. The latest was June 18, 1913.
The average for Phoenix to reach 100 for the first time in the year is May 13.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food