PHOENIX — Grab the sunscreen and hats, folks. Temperatures in metro Phoenix could hit the century mark before Monday for the first time this year.
Chris Kuhlman with the Weather Service said Saturday’s high should reach 99 and Sunday could bring 100 degrees.
The Valley has come close to hitting 100 degrees several times in the past few weeks but the National Weather Service said this weekend is the likeliest to do just that.
“It’s not a definite but there’s a better than 50 percent chance that we will see 100 at Sky Harbor Airport,” he said.
The earliest that Phoenix has reached 100 degrees was March 26, 1988. The latest was June 18, 1913.
The average for Phoenix to reach 100 for the first time in the year is May 13.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development