PHOENIX — Several police agencies in the Valley are looking for a group of women they believe is responsible for robbing small retail businesses in Chandler, Tempe and Scottsdale over the past nine months.
The women travel in groups of three to five. Scottsdale police officer Dave Pubins said one of them who looks to be pregnant asks to use the restroom in the back of the store.
“And when that happens, one of the ladies, going with the pregnant person, will go through the employees’ purses and take wallets, cash and credit cards,” Pubins said.
Then they head to a bigger store where they use the stolen money to purchase baby items and gift cards.
The women haven’t been violent.
Anyone with any information on the crimes or suspects can call Scottsdale police at 480-312-5000.
Police have posted surveillance pictures of the women.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon