PHOENIX — A 17-year-old man suspected of carrying out three bank robberies in Tempe this month was located and arrested Wednesday by Tempe police detectives with help from the U.S. Marshals Service and Silent Witness.
The teenager allegedly robbed two banks on Friday, April 18 — first the Chase Bank at 2528 W. Southern Ave., and then the Wells Fargo at 915 E. Baseline Road approximately two hours later — Tempe police said.
This was the same suspect who then allegedly robbed the same Chase Bank location in Tempe on Thursday, April 24. Tempe police said the suspect was wearing different clothing during each robbery, and that he fled the scene on foot each time.
Police added that the investigation is ongoing and that detectives are working on identifying anyone else that may have been involved in the robberies. Police did not disclose how much money the suspect took during each robbery.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development