PHOENIX — If you’re going to be using the highway system in the Phoenix area this weekend, take note of closures and restrictions that will affect a handful of Valley freeways:
Southbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) will be closed between Bell and Thunderbird roads in the West Valley from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday. Additionally, the southbound on-ramps at Union Hills Drive and Bell Road will close starting at 9 p.m. Friday. The Arizona Department of Transportation recommends taking a detour on southbound 75th, 83rd or 99th avenues while the freeway is closed down.
Eastbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) will be closed between 67th and 59th avenues in Glendale from 10 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday. Additionally, the eastbound on-ramps at 75th and 67th avenues will close starting at 9 p.m. Saturday. Traffic will detour along the eastbound frontage road while the highway is shut down.
Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) will narrow to one lane in either direction between Elliot and Power roads in Mesa from 9 p.m. Friday to 6 p.m. Saturday, as well as from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. Sunday. ADOT said the Loop 202 off-ramps at Power and Hawes roads will be closed at times. Be prepared to exit at adjacent off-ramps if you take the Loop 202 during those restriction times.
The Elliot Road on-ramp for the westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday for lane stripping. ADOT recommends using the westbound on-ramp at Power Road.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development