PHOENIX — If you’re going to be using the highway system in the Phoenix area this weekend, take note of closures and restrictions that will affect a handful of Valley freeways:
Southbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) will be closed between Bell and Thunderbird roads in the West Valley from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday. Additionally, the southbound on-ramps at Union Hills Drive and Bell Road will close starting at 9 p.m. Friday. The Arizona Department of Transportation recommends taking a detour on southbound 75th, 83rd or 99th avenues while the freeway is closed down.
Eastbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) will be closed between 67th and 59th avenues in Glendale from 10 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday. Additionally, the eastbound on-ramps at 75th and 67th avenues will close starting at 9 p.m. Saturday. Traffic will detour along the eastbound frontage road while the highway is shut down.
Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) will narrow to one lane in either direction between Elliot and Power roads in Mesa from 9 p.m. Friday to 6 p.m. Saturday, as well as from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. Sunday. ADOT said the Loop 202 off-ramps at Power and Hawes roads will be closed at times. Be prepared to exit at adjacent off-ramps if you take the Loop 202 during those restriction times.
The Elliot Road on-ramp for the westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday for lane stripping. ADOT recommends using the westbound on-ramp at Power Road.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets