PHOENIX — Several Arizona police agencies will be carrying the Special Olympics torch through the Valley Thursday.
They are all part of the statewide Arizona Law Enforcement Torch Run that started in Kingman on Sunday. The torch has been carried by the Department of Public Safety, Lake Havasu Police, La Paz County Sheriffs and the Colorado River Indian Tribe.
— Tucson Police Dept (@Tucson_Police) April 30, 2014
On Wednesday morning, the torch made its way from a truck stop west of the Valley to the Buckeye Post Office by the afternoon. From that point is where Buckeye police officers will get the torch and resume the run Thursday morning.
The torch will then be carried by police departments in several Valley cities before winding up at Dobson Road and Southern Avenue Thursday afternoon.
The torch run is designed to bring attention to the Special Olympics and how the organization helps improve the lives of people with disabilities.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life