PHOENIX — Several Arizona police agencies will be carrying the Special Olympics torch through the Valley Thursday.
They are all part of the statewide Arizona Law Enforcement Torch Run that started in Kingman on Sunday. The torch has been carried by the Department of Public Safety, Lake Havasu Police, La Paz County Sheriffs and the Colorado River Indian Tribe.
— Tucson Police Dept (@Tucson_Police) April 30, 2014
On Wednesday morning, the torch made its way from a truck stop west of the Valley to the Buckeye Post Office by the afternoon. From that point is where Buckeye police officers will get the torch and resume the run Thursday morning.
The torch will then be carried by police departments in several Valley cities before winding up at Dobson Road and Southern Avenue Thursday afternoon.
The torch run is designed to bring attention to the Special Olympics and how the organization helps improve the lives of people with disabilities.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food