PHOENIX — A child advocacy group wants the Arizona Legislature to come up with more money to help families.
The Children’s Action Alliance wants the state to allocate an additional $10 million to provide affordable child care to families.
“It’s a smart policy for the state to invest in child care as part of the overall policy to prevent abuse and neglect and to reduce the workload on CPS,” said the organization’s Dana Naimark.
Naimark said that thousands of Arizona families need help watching the kids while mom and dad are at work.
“In every single legislative district, more than half of children younger than six have all parents in the labor force,” Naimark said. “Child care is a necessity for our economy and for our families.”
Naimark believes that Gov. Jan Brewer may call a special legislative session sometime before Memorial Day.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night