PHOENIX — A child advocacy group wants the Arizona Legislature to come up with more money to help families.
The Children’s Action Alliance wants the state to allocate an additional $10 million to provide affordable child care to families.
“It’s a smart policy for the state to invest in child care as part of the overall policy to prevent abuse and neglect and to reduce the workload on CPS,” said the organization’s Dana Naimark.
Naimark said that thousands of Arizona families need help watching the kids while mom and dad are at work.
“In every single legislative district, more than half of children younger than six have all parents in the labor force,” Naimark said. “Child care is a necessity for our economy and for our families.”
Naimark believes that Gov. Jan Brewer may call a special legislative session sometime before Memorial Day.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development