PHOENIX — A child advocacy group wants the Arizona Legislature to come up with more money to help families.
The Children’s Action Alliance wants the state to allocate an additional $10 million to provide affordable child care to families.
“It’s a smart policy for the state to invest in child care as part of the overall policy to prevent abuse and neglect and to reduce the workload on CPS,” said the organization’s Dana Naimark.
Naimark said that thousands of Arizona families need help watching the kids while mom and dad are at work.
“In every single legislative district, more than half of children younger than six have all parents in the labor force,” Naimark said. “Child care is a necessity for our economy and for our families.”
Naimark believes that Gov. Jan Brewer may call a special legislative session sometime before Memorial Day.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food