PHOENIX — Several state leaders will be talking about Arizona’s future for the next two days in downtown Phoenix.
The second annual VerdeXchange Arizona conference is happening at the Sheraton Phoenix hotel.
Founder Doug Bruhnke said the conference is about sustaining life in the state.
“What does it take for the next 10, 20, 30, 50, 100 years for Arizona, Phoenix, the cities, the communities to survive and thrive in a better way?” he asked.
He said that the conference is focused on more than just cleaner water and air.
“What about jobs? What about creating wealth by having investment come here? What about infrastructure? What about having surface transportation? What about having it be a great place for old people and young people?” said Bruhnke.
Over 100 leaders will be speaking at the event. Bruhnke said that they’ve been asked to talk about projects that they are involved in.
“Projects that are impacting the future, including water and things like that, but also business initiatives, like the Great Cities Initiatives that GPEC (Greater Phoenix Economic Council) is organizing right now,” said Bruhnke.
That initiative is designed to highlight why Valley cities are great for business.
Bruhnke said that many of those involved in the conference are leaders in Arizona cities.
“There are 25 mayors,” said Bruhnke. “Mayor Greg Stanton of Phoenix is going to be headlining the conference.”
U.S. representatives Kyrsten Sinema and Matt Salmon are also on the schedule.
Also speaking will be Secretary of State Ken Bennett, Dr. Lattie Coor of the Center for the Future of Arizona, Kimber Lanning of Local First Arizona, State School Superintendent John Huppenthal and former Mesa Mayor Scott Smith.
For more information, click here.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development