PHOENIX — Several state leaders will be talking about Arizona’s future for the next two days in downtown Phoenix.
The second annual VerdeXchange Arizona conference is happening at the Sheraton Phoenix hotel.
Founder Doug Bruhnke said the conference is about sustaining life in the state.
“What does it take for the next 10, 20, 30, 50, 100 years for Arizona, Phoenix, the cities, the communities to survive and thrive in a better way?” he asked.
He said that the conference is focused on more than just cleaner water and air.
“What about jobs? What about creating wealth by having investment come here? What about infrastructure? What about having surface transportation? What about having it be a great place for old people and young people?” said Bruhnke.
Over 100 leaders will be speaking at the event. Bruhnke said that they’ve been asked to talk about projects that they are involved in.
“Projects that are impacting the future, including water and things like that, but also business initiatives, like the Great Cities Initiatives that GPEC (Greater Phoenix Economic Council) is organizing right now,” said Bruhnke.
That initiative is designed to highlight why Valley cities are great for business.
Bruhnke said that many of those involved in the conference are leaders in Arizona cities.
“There are 25 mayors,” said Bruhnke. “Mayor Greg Stanton of Phoenix is going to be headlining the conference.”
U.S. representatives Kyrsten Sinema and Matt Salmon are also on the schedule.
Also speaking will be Secretary of State Ken Bennett, Dr. Lattie Coor of the Center for the Future of Arizona, Kimber Lanning of Local First Arizona, State School Superintendent John Huppenthal and former Mesa Mayor Scott Smith.
For more information, click here.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas