PHOENIX — Police are asking for the public’s help to locate a driver suspected of hitting and killing a man in Glendale, Ariz. on Saturday.
Pete Rivas, 62, was killed between 11 p.m. and 11:15 p.m. near 60th Avenue and Bethany Home Road. Police said he was crossing Bethany Home from north to south when he was struck by an SUV traveling eastbound on Bethany Home.
The driver fled the scene and stopped at the Circle K on 59th Avenue and Bethany Home to inspect the front of his vehicle before driving away.
Police said the suspected driver is a black male about 30 years old with a muscular build and short dark hair that may be braided. Another black male was in the passenger seat.
The vehicle is described as being a white, four-door SUV with tinted windows and custom rims and tires. Police said it likely sustained damage to the front end on the passenger side.
Anyone with information on this crime is asked to contact the Glendale Police Department at (623) 930-3000 or Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night