PHOENIX — Police are asking for the public’s help to locate a driver suspected of hitting and killing a man in Glendale, Ariz. on Saturday.
Pete Rivas, 62, was killed between 11 p.m. and 11:15 p.m. near 60th Avenue and Bethany Home Road. Police said he was crossing Bethany Home from north to south when he was struck by an SUV traveling eastbound on Bethany Home.
The driver fled the scene and stopped at the Circle K on 59th Avenue and Bethany Home to inspect the front of his vehicle before driving away.
Police said the suspected driver is a black male about 30 years old with a muscular build and short dark hair that may be braided. Another black male was in the passenger seat.
The vehicle is described as being a white, four-door SUV with tinted windows and custom rims and tires. Police said it likely sustained damage to the front end on the passenger side.
Anyone with information on this crime is asked to contact the Glendale Police Department at (623) 930-3000 or Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work