PHOENIX — The Grand Canyon Chapter of the Red Cross announced Wednesday it would send three members to aid areas affected by tornadoes.
One volunteer, Todd Tamcsin, said he isn’t sure what to expect when he sets foot on the ground in Jackson, Miss., but he feels he will have something in common with the people he will help.
“It’s definitely emotional,” he said. “It’s definitely difficult. What we went through here in Yarnell was just heart-wrenching, so I guess I don’t know exactly what to expect there.”
Tamcsin, who will be photographing the disaster area and working with public affairs, will be joined by volunteer Jean Currey in Jackson.
Another volunteer, Jerry Favdro, is being dispatched to Arkansas to assist in disaster health services.
All three volunteers will be dispatched for one to two weeks.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier