PHOENIX — The Phoenix Police Department dedicated a new exhibit Wednesday at the Phoenix Police Museum.
“We know it’s very important that we remember and honor those sacrifices and that we also let their surviving family members know that we will never forget, and that we will always, always, always honor what these young men have done for the city of Phoenix,” said officer James Holmes.
Since the first Phoenix police officer fell on Feb. 5, 1925, 36 additional officers have lost their lives in the line of duty. That includes John Hobbs who was killed on March 3.
“We are proud of the work that our officers do, and we know on a day-to-day basis the sacrifices that our police officers here in Phoenix make,” he said.
The new Phoenix Police Memorial display has a permanent honor guard member, streamers for each fallen officer and a display for fallen K9s.
The public is invited to attend the Second Annual Phoenix Police Memorial Service, which will feature the new exhibit. The service will take place at the Atrium at City Hall Wednesday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns