PHOENIX — The Phoenix Police Department dedicated a new exhibit Wednesday at the Phoenix Police Museum.
“We know it’s very important that we remember and honor those sacrifices and that we also let their surviving family members know that we will never forget, and that we will always, always, always honor what these young men have done for the city of Phoenix,” said officer James Holmes.
Since the first Phoenix police officer fell on Feb. 5, 1925, 36 additional officers have lost their lives in the line of duty. That includes John Hobbs who was killed on March 3.
“We are proud of the work that our officers do, and we know on a day-to-day basis the sacrifices that our police officers here in Phoenix make,” he said.
The new Phoenix Police Memorial display has a permanent honor guard member, streamers for each fallen officer and a display for fallen K9s.
The public is invited to attend the Second Annual Phoenix Police Memorial Service, which will feature the new exhibit. The service will take place at the Atrium at City Hall Wednesday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments