PHOENIX — The Phoenix Police Department dedicated a new exhibit Wednesday at the Phoenix Police Museum.
“We know it’s very important that we remember and honor those sacrifices and that we also let their surviving family members know that we will never forget, and that we will always, always, always honor what these young men have done for the city of Phoenix,” said officer James Holmes.
Since the first Phoenix police officer fell on Feb. 5, 1925, 36 additional officers have lost their lives in the line of duty. That includes John Hobbs who was killed on March 3.
“We are proud of the work that our officers do, and we know on a day-to-day basis the sacrifices that our police officers here in Phoenix make,” he said.
The new Phoenix Police Memorial display has a permanent honor guard member, streamers for each fallen officer and a display for fallen K9s.
The public is invited to attend the Second Annual Phoenix Police Memorial Service, which will feature the new exhibit. The service will take place at the Atrium at City Hall Wednesday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon