PHOENIX — The Phoenix Police Department dedicated a new exhibit Wednesday at the Phoenix Police Museum.
“We know it’s very important that we remember and honor those sacrifices and that we also let their surviving family members know that we will never forget, and that we will always, always, always honor what these young men have done for the city of Phoenix,” said officer James Holmes.
Since the first Phoenix police officer fell on Feb. 5, 1925, 36 additional officers have lost their lives in the line of duty. That includes John Hobbs who was killed on March 3.
“We are proud of the work that our officers do, and we know on a day-to-day basis the sacrifices that our police officers here in Phoenix make,” he said.
The new Phoenix Police Memorial display has a permanent honor guard member, streamers for each fallen officer and a display for fallen K9s.
The public is invited to attend the Second Annual Phoenix Police Memorial Service, which will feature the new exhibit. The service will take place at the Atrium at City Hall Wednesday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night