Baseball is in his heart and so is generosity.
Former Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Eric Byrnes is coming out of retirement for a two-day stint to raise money for the Pat Tillman Foundation. The foundation could stand to make a bundle.
Byrnes, 38, whose major-league career lasted 10 years, signed with the San Rafael Pacifics, a semipro team in northern California. He’ll take to the field Aug. 5 and 6 and donate his salary, plus $1,000 for every hit, walk or steal he gets. A home run will be worth $10,000 to the foundation. Byrnes promised $100,000 for a grand slam.
The team will also donate part of the ticket sales from each game to the foundation.
Byrnes played for the D-backs from 2006 to 2009.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy