A 2-year-old boy taken from his home in Coolidge was found safe early Wednesday morning, canceling an overnight Amber Alert.
Eric Warrior Smith Jr. was found inside a parked minivan about 50 miles from home at the Gila River Indian Community. A police helicopter spotted the vehicle, which had been abandoned. Gila River Police suspect the boy was taken by his sitter, 19-year-old Anna Marie Johnson, who not been found.
The alert for the boy had been sent out just before midnight Tuesday and lasted about five hours, but the boy had.
“That’s my boy, that’s my warrior, he’s in good health,” said a relieved, tearful Eric W. Smith, the boy’s father. The toddler was taken to a hospital as a precaution.
Smith told police he came home about 4 p.m. after an appointment to an empty house. When he realized the family’s van also was missing, he went to a nearby park to look for the boy and the sitter. He searched for about two hours before flagging down police.
Johnson is 5 feet 11 and 180 pounds.
Anybody with information is asked to call 520-562-4511.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick