A 2-year-old boy taken from his home in Coolidge was found safe early Wednesday morning, canceling an overnight Amber Alert.
Eric Warrior Smith Jr. was found inside a parked minivan about 50 miles from home at the Gila River Indian Community. A police helicopter spotted the vehicle, which had been abandoned. Gila River Police suspect the boy was taken by his sitter, 19-year-old Anna Marie Johnson, who not been found.
The alert for the boy had been sent out just before midnight Tuesday and lasted about five hours, but the boy had.
“That’s my boy, that’s my warrior, he’s in good health,” said a relieved, tearful Eric W. Smith, the boy’s father. The toddler was taken to a hospital as a precaution.
Smith told police he came home about 4 p.m. after an appointment to an empty house. When he realized the family’s van also was missing, he went to a nearby park to look for the boy and the sitter. He searched for about two hours before flagging down police.
Johnson is 5 feet 11 and 180 pounds.
Anybody with information is asked to call 520-562-4511.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development