Local businesses could get some work done for free and help out Phoenix’s young people, thanks to a new program.
The city is looking for local companies to help out with a summer youth job program.
“This year we have of youth who want to participate,” said Seth Scott with Phoenix Mayor Stanton’s office. We” have some companies who have been helpful. But we really grow this program to fit all the youth we have.”
Here’s the best part.
“We actually pay people who want to participate in the program and employers will have these kids who are working on scholarships working with their companies,” Scott said.
It’s no cost to the employer making it a win-win for both parties, he said.
The program is called RISE — or Reach and Invest in Summer Employment — and is for youth ages 16 to 21.
Both businesses and youth applications will be accepted through May 30.
An application and frequently asked questions can be found on the city’s website.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development