Local businesses could get some work done for free and help out Phoenix’s young people, thanks to a new program.
The city is looking for local companies to help out with a summer youth job program.
“This year we have of youth who want to participate,” said Seth Scott with Phoenix Mayor Stanton’s office. We” have some companies who have been helpful. But we really grow this program to fit all the youth we have.”
Here’s the best part.
“We actually pay people who want to participate in the program and employers will have these kids who are working on scholarships working with their companies,” Scott said.
It’s no cost to the employer making it a win-win for both parties, he said.
The program is called RISE — or Reach and Invest in Summer Employment — and is for youth ages 16 to 21.
Both businesses and youth applications will be accepted through May 30.
An application and frequently asked questions can be found on the city’s website.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy