PHOENIX — One Phoenix suburb continues to be a millennial hot spot.
After the USA Today ranked Tempe 12th “when it comes to cities that attract young workers,” Niche Ink, an education analysis website, ranked the Sun Devil city in the top 25 neighborhoods for young, just-began-working professionals.
Using 12 factors, including U.S. Census data, FBI data and user opinions, Niche Ink ranked metro areas in the U.S. and then “calculated the best neighborhood for young people in each of those cities.”
Tempe, home of Arizona State University, ranked No. 16 due in part to an arts scene and a lake. Fourteen percent of the population is 25 to 34 and the median cost of rent is $934. Tempe also has an average income of $29,139.
The Greenpoint neighborhood in Brooklyn, the setting of the HBO series “Girls,” came in at No. 1.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development