PHOENIX — The search continues for the second man involved in a failed armed robbery of an armored vehicle at a Phoenix bank on Friday.
“We have investigators working to track the suspect down,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos. “If anyone knows who the man might be, they are urged to contact Phoenix Police or Silent Witness.”
According to police reports, two guards were transferring cash at the Wells Fargo at 16th Street and Glendale Road when they were approached by two black males demanding money. They were armed with at least one assault rifle. One of the armored truck employees shot at one suspect, who later died from his injuries at a local hospital.
Police have identified the deceased suspect, but are not publicly releasing his name pending notification of next-of-kin.
The suspect is described as being a black male between 20 and 25 years old. He stand between 5-foot-10 and 6-foot and weight about 180 pounds. He was last seen wearing a grey shirt, baggy pants and a baseball cap.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments