PHOENIX — The search continues for the second man involved in a failed armed robbery of an armored vehicle at a Phoenix bank on Friday.
“We have investigators working to track the suspect down,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos. “If anyone knows who the man might be, they are urged to contact Phoenix Police or Silent Witness.”
According to police reports, two guards were transferring cash at the Wells Fargo at 16th Street and Glendale Road when they were approached by two black males demanding money. They were armed with at least one assault rifle. One of the armored truck employees shot at one suspect, who later died from his injuries at a local hospital.
Police have identified the deceased suspect, but are not publicly releasing his name pending notification of next-of-kin.
The suspect is described as being a black male between 20 and 25 years old. He stand between 5-foot-10 and 6-foot and weight about 180 pounds. He was last seen wearing a grey shirt, baggy pants and a baseball cap.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development