PHOENIX — The search continues for the second man involved in a failed armed robbery of an armored vehicle at a Phoenix bank on Friday.
“We have investigators working to track the suspect down,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos. “If anyone knows who the man might be, they are urged to contact Phoenix Police or Silent Witness.”
According to police reports, two guards were transferring cash at the Wells Fargo at 16th Street and Glendale Road when they were approached by two black males demanding money. They were armed with at least one assault rifle. One of the armored truck employees shot at one suspect, who later died from his injuries at a local hospital.
Police have identified the deceased suspect, but are not publicly releasing his name pending notification of next-of-kin.
The suspect is described as being a black male between 20 and 25 years old. He stand between 5-foot-10 and 6-foot and weight about 180 pounds. He was last seen wearing a grey shirt, baggy pants and a baseball cap.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food