PHOENIX — Some top evangelical leaders from the Valley are heading to Washington this week for a gathering they’re calling “Pray for Reform.”
The group is meeting with members of Congress to call for a vote on comprehensive immigration reform.
“The injustice causes a great deal of distress and suffering in our communities,” said Adam Estle with the Evangelic Immigration Table.
“We’re trying help our members of Congress to view this issue through biblical lenses, many of them are members of faith communities themselves,” Estle said.
Estle said there are moral imperatives for Congress to pass immigration reform.
“That respects the God-given dignity of every person, that protects the unity of the immediate family, that respects the rule of law, that guarantees secure national borders, that ensures fairness to tax payers and establishes a path toward legal status and, or citizenship,” Estle said.
Some of the leaders making the trip are Chris Schutte from Christ Church Anglican in Phoenix, Ryan Nuñez of Palm Valley Church in Goodyear and Bob Hake of Orangewood Church of the Nazarene in Phoenix.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.