PHOENIX — Some top evangelical leaders from the Valley are heading to Washington this week for a gathering they’re calling “Pray for Reform.”
The group is meeting with members of Congress to call for a vote on comprehensive immigration reform.
“The injustice causes a great deal of distress and suffering in our communities,” said Adam Estle with the Evangelic Immigration Table.
“We’re trying help our members of Congress to view this issue through biblical lenses, many of them are members of faith communities themselves,” Estle said.
Estle said there are moral imperatives for Congress to pass immigration reform.
“That respects the God-given dignity of every person, that protects the unity of the immediate family, that respects the rule of law, that guarantees secure national borders, that ensures fairness to tax payers and establishes a path toward legal status and, or citizenship,” Estle said.
Some of the leaders making the trip are Chris Schutte from Christ Church Anglican in Phoenix, Ryan Nuñez of Palm Valley Church in Goodyear and Bob Hake of Orangewood Church of the Nazarene in Phoenix.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon